On September 18, 2020, Mayor DiBlasio announced Covid-related, once-a-week street cleaning rules will remain in effect until further notice:
- Residential (side streets) without meters will be cleaned no more than once per week, per side.
- Residential streets that have multiple Alternate Side Parking “ASP” days on each side will be cleaned – with vehicles required to be moved – only on the latest day in the week on each side, as indicated on each street’s currently posted signage.
- The posted street sign rules continue to be interpreted in the parkken app. For the relaxed restrictions, please doublecheck signs when you park.
- Daily sweeping regulations in metered areas will not change, and the DSNY will continue cleaning streets with posted No Standing, No Stopping and No Parking regulations as needed.
- These reforms to Alternate Side Parking (ASP) will be in place until further notice.
When do I have to move my car?
For any residential street with Alternate Side Parking regulations, the regulations will be in effect only on the latest day posted on the sign on each side of the street. Alternate side parking regulations are indicated by a “Sanitation Broom Symbol” on the street sign.
For example, as seen in Fig (1) above, if one side of the street has ASP regulations on Monday from 11:00am – 12:30pm, that side of the street will continue to be swept on Monday (the latest day posted) from 11:00am – 12:30pm.
As seen in Fig (2) above, if another side of the street has ASP regulations on Thursday from 11:00am – 12:30pm, that side of the street will continue to be swept on Thursday (the latest day posted) at those times.
If, as seen in Fig (3) above, one side of the street has ASP regulations on Monday and Thursday from 11:00am – 12:30pm, that side of the street will be swept on Thursday only (the latest day posted) and you only have to move your car on Thursday.
In another example, if the ASP sign says one side of the street is cleaned on Tuesdays and Fridays from 11:00am – 12:30pm, you only have to move your car from that side of the street on Friday.
Does this apply to metered areas?
No. Daily sweeping in metered areas, including 30-minute parking restrictions Monday through Saturday in metered areas, will not change. Parking meters remain in effect.
Does this affect other parking regulations?
This change only affects street sweeping regulations, indicated by the Sanitation Broom Symbol. This change does not affect No Stopping or No Standing restrictions, or No Parking areas that do not have the Sanitation Broom Symbol. These changes do not includes areas with posted restrictions other than ASP rules.
Since the Alternate Side Parking Regulation signs have not been altered to reflect these announced changes, we expect the ASP rules will return to the posted signage rules once the effects of the pandemic have worn off.
For further explanation or updates to these
reforms, please go to NYCDOT.
Please also look and listen to your local news for announcements from the Dept of Transportation for any updates of these Covid reforms.
Post a Comment